Monday 3 October 2011

Shrek the musicial.

I wrote this yesterday, but hadn't been able to publish it until now.

Got up, in lots of pain. Lucky for me though it's Sunday so Chris is off, phew! He let me lie in as Niamh had a bad tummy and spent part of the night in bed with me. When I got up decided that In needed extra calories and gave me breakfast, and a cup of tea, with pain killers. Then ran be a bath. It was so sweet.

Niamh didn't want to have a long nap this morning. She had about half an hour. Which is both good and bad. It didn't give me much chance to rest but meant that she should nap better this afternoon for mum, dad, Angela and Karl.

We left to go and see Shrek at 12.30 when Angela and Karl turned up. I didn't want to leave Niamh, the again, I never want to leave Niamh. I've just about got used to leaving her with Chris. Wasn't worried about her, I trust mum, dad, Angela and Karl with her, and wasn't at all anxious. Simply, I just miss her, so much.

We went to Tesco's to get the coach and set off. It took just over an hour to get there, and after a trip to the sweet shop, we went in. We bought Niamh a little (but expensive) donkey, bought a program and took some photos:

Mia:


Sparkly shrek:


Inside the theatre royal:



Then we took our sears. We were in the grand circle, right up the top, but had a good view. It was a very pretty and well done set.

The show was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. An opinion not shared by everyone that we went with, but I always tend to enjoy musicals! We managed to catch Amanda Holden as Princess Fiona (think it's her last weekend) and she has an amazing singing voice, especially considering she's pregnant. Shrek was fantastic (still reminds me of my uncle, only more green) and donkey was funny. Lord Farquaad was hilarious, to make him him the right height the actor had to do the whole show on his knees, which looked funny the entire time! They dropped things from the ceiling, pulled things up from the floor and had disco lights and confetti at the end.


Had phoned dad during the interval and at the end and Niamh was behaving herself for them, which made me feel better.


We got on the coach to go home, Chris had had to pretty much carry me out of the theatre, so wasn't looking forward to the rise home. Especially as I had a killer headache! On the trip home I listened to some audio books and looked at photos of Niamh that Angela had sent me.

Having her lunch:




And getting distracted by baby TV that Angela forgot to turn off:


When we got home, Niamh was still awake, it was like she was waiting up for us. Bless her. So we had dinner and gave Niamh a biscuit then put her to bed. We weren't far behind her!

No comments:

Post a Comment