Wednesday 5 October 2011

Today, yesterday and the day before.

Sorry about the lack of entries but I've been recovering from Sunday and had issues with being awake. So haven't been doing much of note, to be honest, so I thought it best to combine the entries into one, somewhat interesting entry.

Monday 3rd October

On Monday morning my sister and Karl took me and Niamh to Lakeside, Niamh has decided to grow out of most of her 3-6 month clothes so basically needs a whole new wardrobe. She fell asleep on the way home with her hand over her face:


Because the weather was still nice, and because the forecast said it would turn on Tuesday, mum and dad decided to come round and we all went for a walk to meet Chris from work. We went to a coffee shop and sat outside, dad bought Niamh a cake.




Niamh settled ok, and I got an early night as I was going on a spa day with my mum and sister the next day!


Tuesday 4th October

Tuesday, I went for a spa day with my mum and sister. My sister had been given two vouchers for Christmas so she found out how much it would cost to take a third person and we agreed we would split the cost between us and all go. It was nice, we all got to use the facilities there, including a gym and lovely swimming pool. Me and mum had a massage and Angela had a facial and then we went to Lakeside (again) for a little bit of girly shopping.

It took us an hour and a half to get home, from what would have been a 30ish minute journey. There had been an accident on the a13 and it was closed, there was traffic everywhere.

Whilst I had been out Chris had been looking after Niamh as it was his day off. Karl had been helping him, and had brought Kia the dog round with him, and, I am proud to report that Niamh is not scared of her anymore. In fact, Chris sent me this picture of Niamh playing with her:


And second of Niamh looking sleepy out for a walk:





When I got home, Niamh was in bed but she'd be quite hard to settle. Judd had come round and Karl was still there so my sister came up and we all had Chinese, and I had an early night because, strangely enough the spa day had actually tired me out! Go figure! Also, Chris was back at work today and I had to be ok to look after Niamh.

Wednesday 5th October.

To be honest, I have been struggling lately with my energy levels, something which is really worrying me, that, maybe, I might end up going down hill again. Resting when Niamh naps is no longer cutting it and I now have to sleep (or at least attempt to sleep whenever she does).

I let her play on the floor for a while this morning, and she managed to shuffle her way to her toy box, and unpack the majority of it:


After Niamh's morning nap we had to go to the post office to pick up a package for Chris that couldn't be delivered on Tuesday. We also met dad in Costa for a drink, Niamh was a big girl and sat on a proper chair:

Niamh had an afternoon snuggly nap with me. But woke up screaming, she's been doing this a bit, on and off. Think she keeps having nightmares. Bless her.

She was also really hard to settle tonight. I feel a bit rubbish, as I'm not good at sleeping during her morning nap, and if she doesn't settle well in the afternoon it means I don't get my sleep either. So I'm off to get another early night. Sorry that it's not a particularly interesting entry!



Note the sarcasm.



No comments:

Post a Comment