Saturday 1 October 2011

Street diversions.

I'm choosing to skip yesterday's entry as I was in an awful mood. I really didn't feel up to writing but I will explain. Some stuff had happened in the previous 48 hours that had really made me question some things and I got really annoyed, which isn't like me. To top it off, Niamh still has a cold and is still having teeth issues and was therefore extra clingy, so I was extra tired and extra achy. I was having a complete woe is me day, which I know I am entitled to occasionally but I still feel flipping awful that I'm busy feeling sorry for myself.



Anyway, today. I'm still a bit fed up about stuff to be honest, but on with it. Will be mainly photos for this entry, as I'm exhausted and there's a lot of them (you will see why in a bit). Was quite a good day. Niamh was funny at breakfast, she gave up on her food deciding her highchair try was much yummier:



Then she went down for a nap and it was rugby time, Judd came round to watch the first half and during half time him and Chris went off to work. The game threatened to give me an actual heart attack most of the way through, until, strangely, Niamh woke up and then things got better. I swear she should be there mascot. At the end of them game, when we had not only got through but actually won the match (don't ask me how) we took a photo to send to nanny, grandad and daddy, swing lo, sweet chariot:





After the match we got ready and went to town. This was a planned trip as today, the street diversions were on, something I had been looking forward to showing Niamh. There was basically all manner of weird stuff walking through Chelmsford town centre, here are some:

"nursery nurses":


Vegetable babies, complete with dummies and bottles:


7ft penguins:



Skeletons driving skeletons:


Lobster "a la carte":


Giant fluffy hearts:


Hair sculptures:






And giant ants, being herded by a man with a whip:


Then we met Chris at costas whilst he was on his break, and dad met us there also. He had just bought an electric bike, Niamh wanted to try on his shiny new helmet:


Then it was off with dad to Burger King for lunch, whilst myself and dad had burgers Niamh was stuck with an egg and cress sandwich as our meals would have been far to salty for her:


She fell asleep on the way home and the rest of the day was pretty chilled. She had a nap, some play time, tea, bath and bed. I spent the evening writing instructions for my dad (as he's babysitting Niamh tomorrow with some help from my sister and mum) and this. I'm off to London tomorrow to see Shrek with Chris and people from his work, so am going to get an early night and try not to worry to much about having to leave Niamh tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment