Sunday 12 February 2012

Dazed and confused!

Sorry about no entry yesterday. Chris was on a late and come the evening I was really struggling. I put Niamh to bed and then felt really ill. Dizzy and just generally ick, I knew there was a high possibility that I could pass out. Que Niamh waking up! So ending up laying in bed with her and texting Chris asking him to come home early. To his credit he was home within about 10 minutes! He took over with Niamh and I went to bed. Still feel worse for wear today but don't think I'm going to pass out any more. Chris is day off today so I'm going to do my best to just rest all day and let Chris do the work.

Had an interesting few days recently, Friday my body didn't want to work normally (my normal not the rest of the worlds normal) and yesterday my brain had basically given up! I was stupid, really stupid, all day. Talk about brain fog! I couldn't string a sentence together very well, kept forgetting what words I wanted to use and completely forgetting the subject of a conversation mid-sentence (didn't help that my mum couldn't remember what we were talking about either). I walked into cupboard doors that I had just opened (verging on concussing myself) and threw most of a pack of frozen peas all over my kitchen. Not that those two acts of stupidity can be blamed on the brain fog but it seriously was not my day.

To top all this off Niamh has decided that she wants to climb, everything. She started off a few weeks ago by getting into her smaller toy box, then her bigger toy box, then she started climbing into toys and all over her little chair! This morning Chris caught her climbing into one toy box and onto the lid of the other (closed) one. Her little table is right next to that so when she works out she can climb onto it then she (sadly) has access to everything on my window sill. Time to baby proof again, ergh! She really is a little monkey! Problem is I can't get up fast enough to catch her if she looks like she's going to fall. So now I have to try and teach a 1 year old that she can't climb on things, when really it's just a part of her learning. I was like it apparently. She'd make a great gymnast.

I find it harder and easier now she's walking (and climbing) so confidently. Firstly I can't keep up with her, if I leave a stair gate open she makes a beeline (a very quick one) to the unexplored territory. Now, nothing in my flat is marjorly dangerous to her but we haven't baby proofed the whole place, just the living room. It's  difficult because of the size of the flat, it's so small that we would have to attach things to the ceiling in order to sufficiently baby proof the whole place! She's alright to go and explore other rooms as long as someone is with her, but as I said I often can't move fast enough to be the one with her! When she's climbing on stuff my heart is in my throat. Her climbing in and out of her toys and toy boxes is fine. She's become quite skilled at it now and there the chance of her hurting herself is pretty slim it's just when she climbs on other things. I'm waiting for her to climb onto the sofa, I think she would have done but because it's raised (OT) it's still a little high for her. We have since re-baby proofed the living room so she can't climb on anything and hurt herself. the chair isn't in it anymore unless it's being used (to sit on) and the toy boxes live in the middle of the room unless she's asleep, meaning she can't use them to climb onto (or into) anything else. I feel much better about the whole situation!

Secondly, it's easier because most of the time it means I have to move at lot less. She can get the things she wants and come to me when she wants a cuddle. I can lay on the floor with her and we play together. She's a very confident child who likes to entertain herself, sometimes she even gets cross if I try and play with her and she doesn't want me to. She gets very wrapped up in whatever it is she's doing and usually hates being interrupted. I really wish I could be in her head sometimes, I sit and watch her and wonder what she believes she's doing. It is very. very cute.

She's started trying to talk but at the moment it is mostly a mix of sounds, although she is very determined and frustrated that she can't get it right. She can say hello, mummy, daddy and bye although she seems to use hello the most, which is quite often. She spends a lot of time saying something that sounds a lot like "I like cheese" although I haven't worked out what it's actually meant to be yet. I highly doubt she is showing an early love of dairy.

That's about it for today. I thought I'd update you on Niamh's little funny developments. Anyway. here are mine and Niamh's 366 photo's for today.

Me, on my perch having just finished the washing up! YAY! To being productive!


And Niamh, bringing me one of my crutches (she did almost knock me out with it a few seconds after the picture was taken!). 


Night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment