Wednesday 8 February 2012

Disturbed nights, snow and bed sharing!

Sorry about all the ranting and politics recently, these are issues that are obviously really important to me, so I got cross and ranted. A lot. I have now set up another blog especially for me to rant in, if you're interested this is it http://agirlcalledjexxy.blogspot.com/ . There may still be an occasional rant about M.E or parenting related issues on this blog. But don't worry this is a more light hearted entry.

I haven't had a whole hell of a lot to talk about recently, because of the snow and the cold I've barely left the flat in the past couple of weeks. I thought I would be getting a bad dose of cabin fever about now but I've actually been ok. I know that I can't go out in this alone, especially not with Niamh, snow is bad enough but is seriously just ice now. The pavements and roads are one massive ice rink. Chris took me out in the wheelchair yesterday and we used the seat belt on it for the first time. We had to stretch it a lot so it would fit over Niamh as well, but because of how bumpy it was I didn't want her falling off!

I've been having a bit of a problem with self image lately. After I had Niamh I was quite overweight, I dieted through slimming world and lost about 3 stone. Since the abscess, C-Diff and all the infections I've had continuously since October I've put on about 1/2 a stone, it puts me at about the weight I was before I got pregnant with Niamh, but I don't like it. I actually feel seriously disappointed in myself. I'm clearly not an active person, but since October I have been going from bed to sofa, to sofa to bed and that's about it, laying on the floor sometimes to play with Niamh. I suppose that's the reason really, quite obviously in fact, eating higher calorie food because I can't really make my own and then doing less. I just don't think that I can be happy at this weight. Stupid really because my health is more important that how I look. It should always be. I'm just a bit fed up I suppose. Sigh.

Niamh has been having disturbed nights recently, crying in her sleep and ended up in bed with us a lot because she is clearly scared of something. To be honest, putting her in bed with us is for selfish reasons, when she cries and wakes up scared she goes back to sleep with a bit of comfort, if she's in bed with us it's easier to provide that comfort whilst getting the max amount of sleep! She's been sleeping more during the day as well, waking at 10-10.30 from her morning nap (instead of 9.30) and wanting to go back to sleep by 1. Bless her. She may have a bit of teething pain though and seems to have come out in a slight cold today so could be a whole manner of things. She seems ok when she's awake though, a bit grumpy as she starts to get tired. So I'm not worried about her, just feel sorry for her. We are mostly having PJ days at the moment, as she's obviously not quite right and my health is suffering due to her disturbed nights. It will work out in the end though,  I'm being careful. Eating right, resting loads, trying to sleep when she does. I couldn't be doing more to try and keep my health on track than I am. So for once, I feel good about that.

Having said all that I am going to have a chilled out evening and an early night!

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 photos from today. Not a good one of me, but as I said I haven't been having the best of days today, I have added some effects to save you all from the true horror!


And Niamh, sitting on the sofa like a big girl!


Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment