Thursday 2 February 2012

If you don't laugh, you cry.

The saying is "if you don't laugh, you cry" well I did enough confused, worried crying last night so I thought I would make my post mostly light hearted today. Firstly though, last night was hell. Should not read the Spartacus report feeds on twitter before bed. I have had enough of politics, the government have lied, cheated and manipulated their way to leaving the most venerable people in society even more exposed. The disabled, cancer patients, children, families already below the poverty line, you name it they've found a way to screw them over. It really worries me, of course for my future and that of my family, but for those already worse off than me. For them and for myself and for the lack of democracy in which I once believed so strongly, that is why I cried.

So now, I have made two decisions, the first, that if I'm going down, I'm going down shouting, screaming and fighting. If they are going to make these changes, in such an unfair, unjust manner, by lying, cheating, manipulating and breaking every rule in their flipping book then EVERYONE is going to know how they did it. Reform is obviously needed, but they are not thinking it through and they are targeting the most venerable in society whose voices are the quietest, well, not anymore, alone we whisper but together, together we can shout!

The second, and much more light hearted is that I've done enough crying so now I'm going to laugh. Having M.E and Fibro sucks, it really does but if you can't laugh at the situation you'll only let all the negativity take over your life, and the way you think. I laugh at myself often. Usually when I fall over nothing, throw something for no reason or get my word in a complete muddle! Other people laugh at me, usually when I do the above (on occasion simultaneously). So I thought I would search through the Internet in search of some M.E/Fibro related giggles! Here is what I have come up with! Obviously they are American and if you can translate the clear differences in language (gas/petrol) they are a right giggle! I've added the bits in brackets!

You May Have Fibromyalgia If...
Author Unknown
  1. you forget spending the whole New Year's Evening with your husband!
  2. you are in your own jeep, and stop for gas, however, you can't remember where the gas tank is located until another customer shows you! (Can't drive, but this is the sort of thing that would happen to me!)
  3. you complete your whole grocery shopping excursion while wearing a soft-blue-gel ice pack on top of your head, while your husband follows 3 steps behind you! (I actually do this, but said husband has to push me in the wheelchair, so can't walk 3 steps behind! Hee Hee!)
  4. you are constantly doing 'head' counts of your own children, and pets! (I do this, I only have one child, well, unless you count Chris?)
  5. you leave every day for work using the front door, but must climb back into your home using a window after your work day is over! (I clearly can't work anymore but I have been known to do this. In my dads house. Through the downstairs toilet window. Head first. Into the sink. Because I thought I'd forgot my keys. I hadn't.)
  6. you rub a whole tube of Ben Gay all through your scalp to help your migraine! (Bad, Bad idea!!!)
  7. you tell the same story more than 3 times to the same person! (In my case, normally also within the same 5 minutes!)
  8. you make your two monthly mortgage payments to the wrong bank EVERY month, having to go back out the next day to switch them! (Husband takes care of the rent, good job really!)
  9. you go to the movie store with your fiance to choose a movie, and after picking the one of your choice, he politely tells you the two of you saw it the previous weekend! (I kind of see it as a perk that I can watch the same thing over and over again as if I've never seen it before!)
  10. you drive 60 miles for your monthly support meeting... only to find out, you are a week early! (Once again not beyond the realms of possibility)


So that's Fibro out of the way, what about M.E?

 
You Know You Have CFS When...
Author Unknown
 
...when you are cautioned to slow down by your doctor instead of by the police.
...you have a choice of two temptations and you choose the one that will get you home earlier.
...you realise that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.
...you don't worry about avoiding temptation. With CFS, it will avoid you.
...getting lucky means you found your car in the parking lot.
...you're sitting in a rocker and you can't get it started.
...you don't care where your wife goes, just so you don't have to go along.
...you wake up with that morning-after feeling, and you didn't do anything the night before.
...the doctor says "I have good news and bad news -- the good news is that you are not a hypochondriac..."
...you go to make toast and nothing happens. You've plugged in the can opener.
...you say to your wife, "Good morning, Mary"...and her name is Sharon.
...you have to sit down to brush your teeth in the morning.
...you become exhausted trying to blow out the candles on your birthday cake.
...you forget your twin sister's birthday.
...you realise that you just sprayed spot remover under your arms instead of deodorant.
...you put both contact lenses in the same eye.

Niamh's 366 pics from today.


And Niamh, just having a lay down.


Night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment