Saturday 21 January 2012

Back to basics

Been having some weird symptoms the past few days. I have a lot of muscle and joint pain, always have. But for some reason the past couple of days I swear my BONES are hurting, my shins and the bones in my upper and lower arms. Maybe it's not my actual bones, but thats what it feels like, so hey, if anyone knows what the hell this is then leave me a comment! Thank you!

Had to do my injection today, lucky for me it's only once a month as it's not the most comfortable of injections. That sounds funny, the prospect of a comfortable injection. I self medicate vitamin B12 once a month, it was weekly at one point. It does really make a difference though. I don't have a B12 defiancy of any kind it was just recommended by Proffesser Findly when I first got ill. I have been on them ever since, bar when I was pregnant.

Yesterday's entry has made me decide to write more about the affects of this condition on me, my daughter and my family in general. This is, afterall what I created this blog for. The reason I haven't been discussing it as much as maybe I should, is simple really. Sometimes I just find it too hard. But I made this diary to raise awaerness and to show people both sides of having this illness. The good side and the bad side. The days when I need all my mobility equipment, and every adaptation to my home, just to do the simplist of things, the days where I can't leave the house, or my bed. To the days where I can go out with my husband and my daughter and shop like I normal person. Well, mostly.

I recently bought a lockable cabinet to store my medications in, since Niamh has been able to walk I have needed it and with my inability to afford one my dad bought it for me as soon as the January sales were on. I would like something stylish ideally, that is big enough to hold everything. But that is not possible on a budget! So what I have is a filing cabinet, but it's nice, it's black (as is the rest of my bedroom furniture), it holds EVERYTHING including my sharps box and it has two keys (very important as I forget everything, or loose everything). I'll post a picture on here, this is my small two drawer filing cabinet (small in the way of, it only has two drawers not four) with most, but not all of my medication in it (so you know as I need ideas). If anyone knows of a stylish (ish) black lockable cabinet that would be able to hold all this (and a little bit more) that I could save up for please let me know by leaving a comment on here of facebook or twitter (@Crapgoth).



I will write more tomorrow, but until then, here are mine and Niamh's 366 pictures from today:



And Niamh, in her little dress and hat:


Night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment