Sunday 29 January 2012

Cold/Virus + M.E = ERGH!!!

I think the title really says it all. I have a cold and/or a viral infection of some kind. Which has made my M.E flare up as it always does when I get anything on top of it. Problem being I don't really think my M.E ever recovered from October, which I suppose makes sense because I have had one infection on top of another ever since. To the point where I now have to have anti-biotics on repeat prescription so that I don't have to keep going to the doctors to get more whenever I have another. Think they're a bit sick of seeing me for pointless two minute appointments now!

My legs decided that they wanted to turn into to led last night, which was a nice surprise first thing this morning. But I still made it to the Christening that I was supposed to be going to today, which was a very good thing as there were five children I knew getting Christened! I did forget to give them the cards I bought for them though! It was really nice to see lots of people that I haven't been able to see in a while as well, even if I was feeling even less brilliant than usual!

We went to mum and dads for lunch and they made me a bed on their sofa as apparently I looked awful. Always nice when people tell you that! They made us a roast, and gave Niamh gravy, possibly a big mistake as I am sure they hadn't been planning on needing to re-decorate their dining room "bisto gravy brown". They have this posh high chair, that can be used by practically any age group (even up to adult) and lucky for them it has a rather big foot rest in the setting it's on at the moment (I think that this would be the seat if it were converted for an adult) and this foot rest becomes more of a food rest when Niamh is using it. Well, more like a food catcher. Bless her. Saves on work clearing up though.

Haven't done much else all day. Find caring for Niamh solo very difficult when I have added illnesses/infections on top of my norm. Taking her out anywhere is actually impossible on my own when I'm like this. I am very lucky though have a great support network of family and friends. Tomorrow, for example, my sister is coming over to cook me and Niamh some lunch and take Niamh to gym babes. I can go with her if I'm up to it or stay home and get some more rest if I'm not. Which is nice. Although as I said before they're moving Niamh up to tumble tots in a couple of weeks so would like to make the most of it whilst she still with the little ones.

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 pictures for today.

Me looking "awful" on mum and dad's sofa:


And Niamh, in her toy box at mum and dads:


I'm going to go and get some rest. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment