Wednesday 25 January 2012

Wizard of Oz and day of recovery.

Well I didn't post yesterday because I managed to go to London to see Wizard of Oz and it was awesome!


I had my double dr's appointment in the morning and it actually went really well! My asthma is very hit and miss, so they have given me allergy triggers and now most of my support network live with an animal I'm allergic to (mum and dad: rabbit, my sister and her boyfriend: dog, my in laws: cat). So they have made me promise to remember to take my preventative twice a day, given me two set of allergy tablets and made me an appointment with a respiratory and allergy consultant. Which could be interesting. They filled the request for information that the DLA people sent me. The Dr was REALLY good and listened to EVERYTHING I had to say, and wrote it all down, suggesting other parts I had forgotten. He's also sending me for an ECG and a check on my glucose as he thinks that might be the reason for the cysts and abscesses I keep getting. But it was, all in all, a good experience!

Then I had a bit of a rest. Our friend Rog popped round for a while to fix up Chris's Xbox and he stayed for lunch. We left for London, around 2.30, and drove most of the way. If I have to travel for long (regardless of the mode of transportation) it has to be horizontal. So we went in the car so I could lay day with a pillow and a blanket and get some sleep. The show started at 7 but we didn't want to travel in rush hour so we went early and had a late lunch/early dinner at cafe rouge before stopping at the shops on the way to the theatre.

I thought the show would be good, but I REALLY REALLY enjoyed it. I had to have mum take me to the toilet and stuff half way through and put my legs over the chair in front so my joints didn't cease up, but because it was not very full, I could do that! We had drinks from the bar, and ordered some for the interval, it was really nice. We had seats about 10 rows from the front which is the closest I've ever been. My parents decided I was the scarecrow. The guy played it really well (as did they all) but he played it so he was wobbly, and falling over all the time and couldn't remember anything ever! They are probably right, and he was so funny too! I loved the dog as he was a real dog, and even though he didn't have any lines he liked to make himself know occasionally!


On the way back I was a bit wobbly, and a bit out of it. Remember calling traffic lights tablets at one point! O dear! Anyway, got home and literally fell in to bed. Niamh didn't have a very good night, so I ended up on the couch at one point so Niamh could steal my side of the bed.

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 pictures for yesterday! Me, asleep in the car on the way to London:


and Niamh, in her toy box:


Today

Not much happened today, as I said, Niamh had a really unsettled night and we soon realised why. She woke up with a temperature and a bad bum, bless her, so think it's most likely teeth. She doesn't seem ill or anything, just really annoyed and grumpy. We've been giving her medicines all day and her temp seems to go back up just as they're due, so will just keep an eye on her for the next few days.

Of course with most of the day out of my routine yesterday, and a disturbed night last night, I was a bit worse for wear today. Lucky for me though, Chris had today off so I could recover. I have spent most of it either resting or in bed. So not very eventful really. I guess that's the price you pay when you have this disease and decide to do the odd normal thing here and there. Pain and exhaustion after, but yesterday was worth it :)

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 photos for today:

Me and our friend Roger:


And Niamh and daddy:



Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment