Wednesday 18 January 2012

Tests, jabs and Nando's

Sorry for not posting yesterday but really was not well enough :(. So this entry is going to be two entries in one.

Tuesday 17th January 2012

Today was interesting. I had some tests booked at the drs early in the morning and Niamh had her jabs straight after. The test was painful and kept failing to had to have it repeated 5 times, not brilliant. Took a bit of a tole on my body after so spent most of the rest of the day on the sofa that Chris had made into a bed for me. Niamh hated her jabs, she screamed for ages and wouldn't calm down. Then eshe wouldn't be near the nurse that did them without crying, bless her.  We had to pop to tesco to get some bits on the way home, and Niamh fell asleep on my lap in the wheelchair.

For lunch Chris took me and Niamh to Nando's for lunch. His idea, sort of like a treat for having been poked and prodded all morning, and Niamh got a toy (we always buy her a little something after her jabs). We also bumped into my sister and her boyfriend on the way to town and they joined us for lunch, which was brilliant.

When we got home I just lay on the sofa. Niamh is used to me having to rest, but she's NOT used to me not getting up at all. I spend the majority of my time resting on the sofa, but I can get up and get myself a drink (all be it slowly). So she was concerned, little sweetheart, and she kept coming over and wanting to snuggle with me. Then after about 20 mins she would jump down, play for a while and come back. It was like she was checking on me. She is so sweet.

Here's mine and Niamh's 366 pictures for today:


I posted this even though it does show me ill. Not the worst i've looked though, by far.


Sound asleep on my lap, in the wheelchair. She was sooo tired before her jabs, and all the crying after them really knackered her out.

Wednesday 18th January 2012.

Haven't done much today, been trying to behave myself and get some energy back from yesterday. Rested most of the day, met dad for lunch and had Angela round. Then I got a call from a mate who moved away a while ago and whom I haven't seen since August, saying he was nearby and could he pop in. OF COURSE HE COULD! He's awesome, I haven't seen him in ages, plus it's his birthday today!

It was a nice surprise for Chris as well, as he was there when he got home from work. When I was pregnant, (a few days before I had Niamh I think) Chris and Dave surprised me when I got home from my parents and he was there, so we thought we would surprise Chris this time! It was nice, we had a catch up, he got to meet Niamh and play with her (Niamh was possibly a bit too excited by it all) and had dinner with us. We then had some more time to catch up with each other before he had to head home.

Must get an early night tonight as Chris is on a late tomorrow meaning I have to be up at pretty much the same time, and give Niamh her dinner and bath and put her to bed by myself. Not to mention that I'm having afternoon tea with my mum in the afternoon (how civilised). Really looking forward to it.

So I'm off now to have a bath and go to bed. Hoping to sleep a bit better tonight, I spent quite a chunk of last night worrying about the benefit reforms and how they will affect us as a family. Especially if they change/remove my DLA, but that's a whole new post. Trust me it will be too long for me to complete right now (well at least if I want to make any sense!).

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 pictures:


And Niamh in my sister's coat!




Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment