Saturday 28 January 2012

Calming down and pink wafers.

Well yesterday got me in a right state. I was soooo angry, as I think many people were. I still am, to an extent. I have made my point known, and so have many others across the Internet. I did do quick search on the jackass in question and found that according to a couple of sites I found, this Mr Liddle is supposed to be a Christian, because those comments and others in his past are possibly some of the most un-Christian things I have ever read! However, I did, in my search of the Internet find this little baby, written by a political blogger who also happens to suffer from M.E and fibro. It. Is. Brilliant. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jason-reed/rod-liddle-and-me_b_1235199.html. He raises a point as he concludes his blog, that those individuals with M.E tend to be driven people who work hard. Often professionals and those in the top of their fields, that are wrongly described as lazy for having a disease. He then points out that by not having these diseases himself, Mr Liddle, is, in fact, not trying hard enough! I actually sat at my computer and clapped (Chris thought I was crazy).

Since yesterday I have read other articles, in a way supporting what Rod Liddle worte but in a less abusive way. The common ground in all of them being that people fraudulently claiming disability benefits are contributing to the current economic crisis. Which is true. But people fraudulently claim nearly every type of benefit imaginable, so all should be targeted as far as I'm concerned. Most, not all, but most, of these articles have been well thought out. They have facts, they have been researched. They haven't abused an entire community just to make a badly thought out point. They have specified FROM THE START that they are in fact talking about a small percentage of the disabled population. Many complain that those against Rod Liddle's article failed to read it the whole way through and got offended by the start. Of course most disabled people would. If you start reading something and find it SO offensive that is actually makes your blood boil, you are hardly going to continue reading it! He was, apparently, aiming at only those who are pretending to be disabled to claim benefits. My issue is that, in his opinion, by suffering (keyword there suffering) from M.E/Fibro I am clearly just pretending to be disabled, and that is where my problem is. That, and his blatant disregard for the pain and illness endured by so many. Painting disability as a rosy, fun experience. Idiot.

Niamh has been better today, less teethy and more calm and fun. She still wants lots of cuddles though, which, of course, I am more than happy to provide her with. She also doesn't like fast food, how cool is that. Every week dad and I have fish and chips on a Saturday lunchtime, and every week I make her her own fish fingers and some steamed veg and give her a few of my chips to go with it. Every week she leaves the chips. I was very bad yesterday. I said that when Niamh was over 1 she could have VERY occasional bits of fast food. So yesterday she had some chips and chicken from KFC as well as a corn on the cob and steamed veg I had made for her. She ate all the veg and the corn on the cob and one or two chips. Left the chicken entirely, then had a whole apple for pudding! YAY! The baby led weaning paid off and Niamh prefers healthy food. So happy.

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 pics from today:

Me smiling, it's scary I know:


And Niamh, when she fell asleep eating her jam on toast breakfast!


Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment