Monday 23 January 2012

Tubi grip queen.

This will be a short entry as I'm seriously trying to save my energy as am going to London tomorrow to celebrate my 26th birthday. Let me fill you in, I turned 27 in November (yes, 27) BUT when I turned 26 I was heavily pregnant and bed bound so mum and dad decided that they would take me to see the wizard of oz, after Niamh had been born and when I was well enough. Well, that's tomorrow. Chris is off so he has Niamh and he has Wednesday off so I can recover. Which is really nice of him, him not coming with me and taking Niamh will mean that I have a good time because I'm not spending it all worrying about her. Missing her maybe, but not worrying about her, well not too much at least!

I also have a two double appointments at the Dr's tomorrow. So, assuming they're not running at all late, will mean that I'm in there for a minimum of 40 minutes. Joy. I'm actually really nervous about it. I'm being re-assessed for my DLA and they have sent a letter asking the GP's for more information, so they want me to go in and discuss it with them. I'm not so much nervous about the appointment, more so about the outcome. But hey, not much I can do about it really is there! Also need to ask for some kind of referral to find out why I am repeatedly getting cysts and abscesses, have had them almost continually from when Niamh was born, used to get them occasionally before I had her to. So there has to be a reason, or some kind of medication to at least help.

Spent most of today resting on the couch, so that I would be able to take Niamh to gym babes. Covered in tubi grip from head to toe, basically (hence the title). She enjoys it so much, but it can be very difficult to me. It was hit and miss for a while but we made it. The staff there are so very good and they helped me out a lot. They also want to move her up to tumble tots at the end of this term as she has been walking confidently for a while. This is brilliant for Niamh but means my baby is growing up. I am a MASSIVE fan of tumble tots as I did it as a child, as did my sister. I budgeted for one activity for Niamh, as I couldn't afford more than that. But it seems to have been the right choice. I'm teaching Niamh to sign Makaton at home (my god daughter is profoundly deaf, so in Niamh's case it is more important to have a grounding in it) and when she gets older I'm going to aim to do more crafts and baking with her when I'm well enough. You don't have to pay to do everything, just the stuff you can't do at home, and I don't have the room for tumble tots equipment in my tiny two bed flat!

Anyway, lots of rest needed for tomorrow, so I am going to run (metaphorically at least) and go behave myself rest.

Here are mine and Niamh's 366 pics for today:


And Niamh, asleep in her buggy on the way to tumble tots, I thought it was just SO cute the way her arms were up. She hasn't slept in this position since she was ickle!


Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment