Saturday 14 January 2012

Niamh's first birthday!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I just honestly haven't had the spare energy to use to write. I am feeling a bit better now, still very drained but better, to be honest I don't think that Christmas is a fantastic period for my energy levels lol!

Anyway, since Christmas day there has obviously been boxing day, which we spent at my in laws. Only one small problem, they got a cat for Christmas and didn't tell me. This is a big issue as I am very allergic to cats (and dogs, and rabbits, and probably anything with fur). I ended up triple overdosing on the hay fever tablets they had, taking my inhaler one hell of a lot and itching for days. So I think my body fighting the allergic reaction drained me further, shame, because the kitten is damn cute!

New years eve was spent in, not well (as is normal for me) but this year me and Chris managed to have a picnic of junk food in the front room (last year it was literally in my bed) and our mate Rog popped by for a beer before going out (it's good living practically in the town centre sometimes!). However, wasn't well and was still in bed by 9, hee hee. Was woken up at midnight by whatever was going on in town, and a load of fireworks and a scared Niamh, bless her.

Then on the 10th of January was Niamh's birthday. It was lovely, my best friend (and Niamh's godmother) and her clan (her, her husband and 4 kids) came round to see Niamh in the morning. Sadly we don't get to see much of each other between my illness(s) and hers (she has AS), the fact that she has 4 kids and last, but by no means least her youngest is my God child (as are all her children) who is ill and often in and out of hospital. So was really nice that she had a good Christmas, with no hospital admissions AND could also make Niamh's birthday. I had obviously done a lot all day and by lunch time was very tired, a bit wobbly but still trying to do everything, this, earned me a telling off from everyone! The kids helped Niamh open some presents and they all left when she (and I) went for our afternoon nap.

We had a budget (not a big one) but we managed to get Niamh a little table and chair and a few other presents (turns out a budget goes much further in the January sales!). All ready for the birthday girl:



She had a couple of balloons as well, one from me and Chris and one from my parents:




There was a bit of a theme going on (in case you hadn't already guessed) it was pink and purple and butterflies. Niamh wore her pretty purple party dress:



We had the family round in the evening, for party food and so they could all see Niamh on her birthday:



She had a butterfly birthday cake, AND I somehow found the energy to bake some cupcakes for her (did take a while though, thank goodness mum bought me a cupcake maker last year, wouldn't have been good with the oven!):




She had a lovely day. I enjoyed it too, even if I did feel like hell at the end of it, and for a few days after, it was TOTALLY and COMPLETELY worth it!


I have started doing two albums on facebook, the 366 type ones. Only I am doing it a bit different, I am taking a picture of Niamh everyday and myself everyday. With Niamh it was to see how she changed and grew over the course of a year. The ones of me though I'm not so sure, it's not like many of them will look any good, I think it's more that I want to show how these illnesses affect me, and that I don't always show it. How many people do you know that choose to post pictures of themselves on the Internet when they're ill, not many people are brave like that. I decided that it was important to raise awareness that M.E isn't all down, there are good days and bad. For once I'm choosing to share the bad too.

Here's mine from today, in a funny hat:



And Niamh's from today, she looks like a pirate!:


Anyway, that's quite a long entry, that has taken me a number of days to complete, so I'm going to go and rest now. Will blog again soon, am aiming to go back to everyday blogs, hopefully!








No comments:

Post a Comment