Tuesday 23 August 2011

3 Years

Me and my husband Chris have been married for 3 years, today! I am very lucky to have such an understanding and supportive husband, with my health and in pretty much everything I do. In the time we have been together (over 7 years now) he has been such a constant presence of acceptance and calm, and I honestly am so grateful for that. We have had our ups and downs (as I'm sure all couples have, whether or not one of them happens to be disabled), highs and lows but he has been there for me throughout, I can only hope I have been there for him even half as much!

As is obivious from previous posts, we have been having money troubles recently, so couldn't really afford to buy each other things of our anniversary. This somehow didn't stop him finding two cards for me, one funny, one semi-sappy (because men can't do completely sappy, it's just not done!) and buying me some roses. We managed to buy approx £70 of food shopping, for £28.50 (Chris's discount and an army of vouchers) including a major junk food feast for our wedding anniversary picnic, AND my parents took us (and Niamh) out for lunch at Nandos (YUM!). So all in all was a good day. He even surprised me with candles, incense and wine!

Here is alarming disgusting wedding photo from 3 years ago today:



Niamh has had serious teething problems today, bless her. She's been snacking on cold cucumber left, right and centre and has had to have two doses of calpol and one of ibruprofen. She has only wanted me all day, which as lovely as it is for me, it was Chris's day off and she just refused to settle with him at all. Which was also bad for me in a way, as he actually had to get me up from a nap to come and settle her, something worringly he wouldn't do without very good reason. Poor darling, her reflux has been playing up too so she's only really been happy, upright, on me, with her dummy in.  She threw quite the strop in Nando's as well, once she had thrown all of her food on the floor and there wasn't any more for her! I can't help wondering if she's somewhat spoilt, but from all the reading i've done, at the moment she's simply too young to understand that she can't have everything. Or that sometimes there just isn't anymore!

I'm going to head off to bed as we are probably looking at an unsettled night with Niamh, if today is anything to go by. Not that she has been dreadful, not close, just unhappy for her. I know Chris does all of the night feeds, and looks after her at night, but I have this motherly tendancy to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment