Sunday 28 August 2011

Niamh's first roast diner!

Been a bit odd today. Very tired all day, weak as anything (as in no strength, not inability to hold myself up) and been getting my words out very strangely, all, slow basically. All day. Has been very annoying for me and very funny for Chris.

Chris's mate (and Niamh's godfather) came round this morning and helped Chris to put a LOAD of stuff that had accumulated in Niamh's room into the loft. So now we have almost all of Niamh's room back to put her in when we get back from holiday (mid/end of September time). Sob. It is very beautiful, it's white and pink with butterflies flying up the wall. A pink, glittery blackout blind and little butterfly and gem things hanging from the windows. Has a white chest of drawers and shelves, and a white mirror with pink decorations and butterflies on it (now theres a surprise). All we'll have to do is move her cot in there when we get back. Will really miss her being in with us, but I also think that it's more than likely that we'll all sleep better apart. I will take a photo when it's all done and upload it on here. It was decorated before she even born so has seemed like a bit of a waste up until now. I mean we've always kept her clothes in it, but she's never really been in there much.

Took Niamh to lunch with my parents while Chris stayed at home to finish off things. She had her first roast dinner (minus the gravey). She loved it, although spring greens did just get thrown straight onto the floor with our even the slightest hesitation. She tried to fit a whole yorkshire pudding in her mouth which had be in fits for ages. Then proceeded to throw it into her highchair and sit on it.  Here are some pics of her eating it:


She had us all giggling for ages when she moved on to her pudding (water melon) and fished a small amout of beef out of her bib and put it in the watermelon!! Funny kid.

We then went to town and I bought a dress (I know, me) for 25% of the orginial price (bargin). When I threatened to fall asleep whilst still out, Chris bought us home. Niamh had some more food, and ate cucmber on the couch, and then finished off her meal by sneezing it all over me. Lovely!

Chris's sister and neice came round for a while, which was a nice surprise and something fun to do. Rounded up the day nicely but now means I must have a stupidly early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment