Saturday 27 August 2011

A trip to see the family.

Was sooo chuffed with my bargin buying skills today! Me, mum, dad, and of course Niamh went to see my aunt, uncle and cousins today. Near their house they have a george store, you know the clothing range from Asda, well it has it's own shop. Mum has decided it was disgraceful that I didn't own a coat that fitted me (what with the recent weather and everything) or that I only had one pair of trousers I could wear in the rain (i'm a huge fan of long, wide leg trousers, that tend to become sponges in the wet lol) so she took me shopping to buy me some (yay!). I ended up with two pairs of trousers and a coat (purchased my mother dearest) and an underwear set bought by me (for £6!!).

Niamh also got some stuff, she has eczema which can be quite bad when it flares, and our saving grace so far has been the sleepsuits with the built in scratch mits, that you simply fold over her hands (she has a clever way of getting out of bog standard scratch mits, she shakes one arm until it falls off then uses her now free hand to pull off the one that remains). Only, in most places (usually including Asda) these stop at 6 months. Now Niamh is nearly 8 months old, and still in 3-6 but obviously not for much longer! I've been stressing about how I'm going to stop her from shredding her own skin at night (not difficult during the day, but practically impossible at night) and having researched the entire internet, the cheapest I could find a sleep suit with scratch mits was £20, for one!!!! But they had some in 6-9 in george for £6, so I kind of bought all of them, even the boys ones! She now has 5, so as long as I keep up with the washing, problem solved! We got her some nappies and baby food as well, and a ball with a bell in it because I felt awful for leaving her (she stayed with my dad at my aunt and uncles whilst me and mum went shopping).

It would seem, she spent the time I was away doing anything but missing me. Which I suppose is a good thing as it's means she's socially confident (yay!). She made everyone giggle a lot, and surprised my cousin when she came in to find a baby sat in her front room (she's a bit scared of babies, loves Niamh, but babies in general, give her the ick factor!). She loved her ball, until I let my younger cousin cut the label off, it would seem that was the bit she was actually interested in! Here are some pics of her with my youngest cousin (Lisa), taken by Katy (the other one, thats scared of babies):


A few, funny/annoying/ironic things happened today. Spent ages on the phone to royal mail to complain at them. In my mail box this morning was 8 items, 1 was the yellow pages (boring), a letter for a previous occupant of this address (understandable) 4 letters for the same number at a similarly named block of flats up the road (slightly less understandable) and 2 for the same number at a completely different not even slightly similar road, thats postcode wasn't even a little bit like mine so goodness only knows where that is (fecking stupid). So I moaned at this guy, who was really nice about everything, voicing my concern that if all this post that clearly wasn't ours was ending up at our address, where the hell was mine! Sheesh!

Anyway, the other thing was that I got bought these two pairs of trousers (as previously mentioned) that I could wear when it's raining (which it is always doing at the moment). Seriously if I didn't have a baby I would wonder if I had slept too long and woken up in winter! I have one pair of wet suitable shoes, which, of course, broke the moment I had the new trousers! Dad made the good point that not I have two pairs of trousers and bare feet. Only me huh! Town in the morning it is then!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got some new clothes. I so understand that! Lost everything I had last year and have been slowly building back up.

    Great baby pics! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete