Wednesday 24 August 2011

So... step on the rake of life.

I was with my dad today, in town, disucssing my financial situation when he said something that struck me as very odd, very true but a compliment all the same. He said he admired my maturity and my ability to cope with the situations my life, my luck and my disease have put me in. I asked him what he meant to which he said, very simply "life keeps giving you rakes to stand on, but you just stand on it, let it hit you in the face, sort yourself out and get on with it". Okay, so, my immediate thought was, "what is he on?" then my mind took over and thought, I suppose I do have bad luck with my health and other aspects of my life but I do try my hardest just to shurg it off and get on with it. Just as I was coming round to the idea he added "at least you're not a man and the rake doesn't hit you in the nuts first!". This, of course made me nearly wet myself laughing and cheered me up no end. So basically I plan on continuing to step on the rakes life hands me and I plan to continue to shake of black eyes and the headaches and just get on with it.

I have my daughter to focus on, to make every day worth it. No matter how much pain there is, no matter how much confusion, no matter how rubbish my immune system gets I will do the best I can, for her. No question, whatsoever.

Speaking of Niamh, it looks like she may finally cut the teeth that have been giving her jip for the past few months. Even if she's been unsettle for her, for the past few days, she's still been awfully happy.

A lot of people wonder how I planned to use a wheelchair and hold Niamh. Well when I was pregnant I always conisdered a baby carrier, but they are all so weak, and the straps are so thin, would play havoc with the FM and with my joints. So the answer, a wrap. The one I have is a moby, it distritbutes the weight better and has wide wide straps. There are many different ties and carries, including on the hip, back, facing inwards and outwards. She likes to face inwards and it's simple for in the wheelchair. The only problem is she doesn't like being worn by Chris.

Here are some pictures of Niamh in the sling :)


It's turned out to be brillant for her reflux as well, as being upright really helps. Also, for when I'm too exhausted or in too much pain to carry her and she's having a clingy day.

Anyway I'm going to go now, with all the rakes I've been stepping on lately I'm kind of tired lol!


1 comment:

  1. Great post and a great way to look at life. Congratulations on your beautiful little one!

    ReplyDelete