Monday 29 August 2011

Rugy, wetsuits and omlettes!

My sister and her boyfriend, returned from a shot holiday to Cornwell yesterday and were both excieted to see me and Niamh today (more Niamh I expect but thats the only way i'd have it). They came to pick us up and take us to their house for some lunch. They both work for the police and sometimes it's hard to fit in around their shifts, but not today! They both came here straight fromt he gym, with my sister's boyfriend VERY sweaty from running from his, to the gym and then to mine. Niamh was exceptionally excited to see him but he thought he best not pick her up until after he was dry enough that she wouldn't slip straight out of his grasp. Angela on the other hand (other admittedly no where near as sweaty having driven from the gym to mine) launched herself at Niamh, I know she's missed her tons. Niamh threw herself at her. They bought as all some lovely presents, myself and Chris got fudge shaped like Cornish pasties and some apple juice as well as a funny fridge magnet, which I love "the opinions of the husband in no way reflect that of the management!". Niamh got bought a lovely wetsuit which will be perfect for our holiday to Majorca in September and a funny little pink T-shirt that says "it's cool to drool!".

When we got back to theres Niamh got to re-meet Kia. Kia is their dog, she's a sappy, brilliantly behaved, very loveable staf. She used to sit and have snuggles with me when I was pregnant with Niamh, she used to put her big dog head on my belly and look all bemused when Niamh kicked her. She'd then snuggle my belly back, and once again, Niamh would boot her, it was a game, of sorts. Kia has always been very gentle with Niamh, we did all the things to ensure this, introduce them early, give Kia baby clothes that Niamh had worn etc. She has always liked Niamh, it would appear however that Niamh is no longer so sure of Kia. Which kind of makes me sad, but we will work on it. She seems to be happy around her but when she was close to her, Kia licked her and from then on if she came close to her she cried. So we started over, and by the time I left with her she seemed to be more confident around her.

I'm carrying on with the baby led weaning idea, and now plan to do it exclusively when I run out of puree. Even bought two books today on it, one explaining, in detail the concept of it and another reciepe book. So Niamh had omlete and salad with us, it was nice for all of us but extremely messy, lucky for us Kia is a hoover in the shape of a dog!

Niamh spent a lot of time round my sisters sitting on my sisters boyfriends lap watching the rugby. Niamh is a bit of a tv child, she loves it, so I have to limit the amount she watches when I can, but when i'm knackered it's helpful that it entertains her so much. She normally watches baby tv which serves an extra purpose of the possibility of educating her also. Her and my sisters boyfriend were having a wonderful time watching the rugby together:


M.E wise I have been very up and down lately, not nearly as down as I have been, no where near. For that I am so extremly thankful, you would not believe. Today has been a good day, but I have been being as careful as possible, which, unfortunatly, has limitied the amount I have been able to do with Niamh, something I constently feel so guiltly about. Despite what I would wish to achieve with her in an ideal world or situation, the one in which I live in is far from ideal so I have to focus on doing the best I can with the abilties I have. That is what will make me a good mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment