Sunday 21 August 2011

I have a daughter who responds to the name pants!

When I was 20 weeks pregnant, we found out I was having a girl and named her Niamh. I nic-named her Niamhy Pants. This kinda stuck. Since birth we have used Niamhy pants a LOT. Recently my sister and Chris have kind of dropped the "Niamhy" part, and in church today I accidently did it, and she looked up at me. My first thought was... "crap... she thinks her name is actually pants!". Thankfully she also responds to Niamh... phew!

She has made me laugh many times today, making her excited squeaky/chatty noises the whole way through the vicars sermon, and through the section of the service my dad was leading she was playing with a handbell and trying to throw herself at him! She was so tired by the end of the day that she fell asleep in the bath bless her.

I was watching TV tonight, and although I don't like Glee the glee project on sky one is one of my guiltly pleasures. On it they were singing the song "Bulletproof" by La Roux. I listened to the lyric's and realise that although they are not describing this (obviously) if you imagine that they are directed at M.E/CFS and FM then they describe well how I feel about it at the moment. These are the lyrics to which I am referring:

"Been there, done that, messed around,
I'm having fun, don't put me down,
I'll never let you sweep me off my feet.
I won't let you in again,
The messages, I tried to send,
My infomation's just not going in!"

"This time baby,
I'll be, bulletproof!"

"Tick, tick, tick, tick, on the watch,
And lifes to short, for me to stop,
O baby, your time is running out"

"I won't let you turn around,
And tell me that i'm much to proud,
And all you do is fill me up with doubt"


The bulletproof part is especially relavent to my current attitude towards this disease, that this time, or from now on I am going to do my best to be bulletproof. I can't so much control what the disease does to my body, and what I end up having to do because of it but I can control my attitude towards it. From now on, that attitude is always look at the positive. Something I think I do regularly but that I could be better at. Thats my goal, to be better at it. One of the few things within my life, that I DO have control over.

Anyway, sorry it's a short entry but been on strongish painkillers all day and they are kicking my butt in the knackered department!



No comments:

Post a Comment