Friday 2 September 2011

Blankets in the heat and Niamh in the sink.

Well today was interesting. As I have previously said I have been having a more difficult time with my health lately (although still not a patch on what it was before). So today, me and Niamh went to my parents so they could make us some lunch, yay!

I had a rest on their sofa while Niamh played in her highchair and watched cbeebies. Mum popped in and out and we helped her to choose some stuff for her new landscaped garden. Dad played with Niamh outside while hoovering the inside of his car, and me and Niamh sat in the boot (getting in was relatively easy, getting out however somewhat impossible). Dad also took some pictures of Niamh driving his car:



My tempreature control was awful today, it was boiling hot and I had goose bumps and was shivering, hence the blanket. I do look like a complete idoit though.

We had tuna salad and ate in the garden (something that is actually impossible in my flat), Niamh loved it. I however, am terrified of wasps and with no energy to move out the way of them with anything resembling speed I just sat there and cowered, whilst squeaking and screeching like a girl! Most of Niamh's food, once again ended up on the floor, and she had a bib full of yoghurt! Beautiful! The mess resulted in Niamh having a bath in my parents kitchen sink, I think I need this exact same sink in my kitchen. She fits in it perfectly:



Lucky her belly is all big and cute, her dignity is still in tact!

Thank you so much to all the people that commented on my last entry, both on here and on facebook. It appears a lot of people read this. Family that care and are interested in how I really feel and think about things. Friends who want to know what we're up to, both here and in other countries, as far as the other side of the world. People with M.E who I know personally, through support groups/websites and who I do not know at all. Some have even said I inspire them, for that I am really thankful. I spend a lot of my time trying to be positive, to work out ways of parenting Niamh and living day-to-day that do not affect my health. Little things from resting when she does, to things that take a bit longer for both of us to figure out (like a way in which I can hold her that doesn't involved using my joints), and prehaps the hardest of all the instinct she is developing of knowing when I'm too ill and behaving herself so well.

Have had a few people comment to say they don't read it, which is fair enough, I am in no way expecting everyone to read it. But this did present the problem that some people thought it was aimed at asking for exceptance of how I parent Niamh. This is not the case, I do my best, I love her, I play with her, I teach her and I spend a lot of time researching and experimenting with ways to make sure I do the best I possibly can. It is not about my ability to parent Niamh. It's about how I do, with the M.E and the struggles I face (which thankfully are a lot less than they used to be). The purpose of the blog is to raise a tiny amount of awareness and to (I hope) inspire others with the disease that sometimes anything is possible regardless of it and that there are ways around everything if you try hard enough to find them. Just to clear that up lol.

Tomorrow I'm aiming to go, with my dad and Niamh, to help my friend out with a fete she is throwing to begin the life of her new nursey. So MUST get an early one! If anyone has any subjects you would like me to discuss or questions you would like me to answer, please comment. Would be extra brilliant as I'm currently running low on material!

O and an extra note, anyone that wants them please feel free to steal the M.E/CFS related badges at the ends of my entries.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you both have a great day at the fete.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you raise your daughter is your decision and I would never even suggest that I know better. The fact that you do this with ME is absolutley amazing to me.

    I think you are an inspiration to many with ME and should be applauded.

    Keep up the great work as a mom and as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete