Monday 19 September 2011

Return to normality.

This is technically yesterday's post. Was trying so hard to catch up on all my holiday entries but was getting too tired to carry on.

Sunday morning was lovely. Niamh slept from 7.30-6.30 and me and Chris had a lovely sleep in our own bed!! I was trying really hard to be back to normal but it wasn't very easy, everything was playing up from travelling the previous day, and of course, from a whole week away from my normality, and with a baby.

Chris is a big rugby fan, and the rugby world cup is taking place in New Zealand at the moment. This, of course, results in the England games being on at stupid times in the morning. Kick off for today's England match was at 7am, so Chris was glad Niamh was up by then, but not too long before then. Niamh likes to watch the rugby too, heres her getting read for the game:


After the match Niamh had her breakfast and morning nap, when she woke we got ready to go to my parents for lunch:


Mum came to pick us up and I helped her to make lunch whilst Chris and dad played with Niamh, we had beef salad for lunch, with apple pie and ice cream for desert. Niamh enjoyed hers, and ate the same as us:


After lunch we went to the farm shop behind my parents house to buy some fruit and veg as it's cheaper (and fresher) than at supermarkets. They don't use carrier bags there and give you your purchases in a box! Dad dropped us back afterwards and Niamh fell asleep in the car, we moved her to cot when we got home and she slept for about an hour and a half. I tried to rest but was in too much pain to sleep. I did take some of my meds but the stronger ones that do actually do something more than slightly take the edge off are too strong. They make me woozy, confused and even more exhausted. Therefore I don't take them when I'm caring for Niamh. To be honest I try not to take them even when someone else is aroumd. But thats besides the point, I couldn't rest, for whatever reason, so when Niamh woke up it was most definatly play time, and I couldn't resist putting her in the box from the farm shop:


After playtime came tea time, bath time and then bed time. Chris gives her a bath most nights, imagine my surprise when he called me into the bathroom to take a look at this:


They are foam shapes with Disney princesses on them that stick to the sides of the bath (and it seems my daughters head when her dad is involved) but she spends the majority of her time chewing them.

Later that evening I got very, very upset. More upset than I had been in a long time. I cried so much I could barely catch my breath and I was crying for hours. The reason is personal, and completely another stroy, and was rectified quickly and is now all sorted. BUT it just started a chain, I was so upset, so stressed and so worried about so many things that it just got out of control. When I eventually calmed down and actually got to bed I think I pretty much passed out from shear emotional overload. I know that emotions can play havoc with M.E and FM, they have for me in the past, but I didn't know much it would affect me this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment