Thursday 22 September 2011

In my daughter's eyes.

Today was interesting, Chris still off work. He's been advised to go for short walks so we headed off down to Tesco's to get some chicken for tonight's dinner.


When we got back, Chris got down onto the floor to have some play time with Niamh, not easy and, as it turned out, not a good idea. He got stuck. So, in true spirit Niamh decided, pulling his hair was the way to get his attention. She then proceeded to climb on him:


I course, did help him up, but not before taking numerous videos, hee hee! Lucky for me, he saw the funny side! Whilst I helped him up, I put Niamh in her travel cot/play pen, swear she thought it was a cage, because dad came round 5 minutes later and found this:


I wanted to share this picture also, it was taken after lunch, when we were (for obvious reasons) changing her out of her clothes (MESS) I may have put her tights on her head, she may have liked it and defiantly reassembled a very cute, very messy, bunny:



After her afternoon nap (which was only 30 minutes long!), it was time for more play time. This time with saucepan's, bowl's and wooden spoons. She had a great time, and made a lot of noise, but eventually decided that the bowl was much better suited as a hat (probably because it did not make enough noise!):


Due to Niamh's unsettled-ness at night I have be searching the Internet for songs I can sing her as a lullaby as most of my music collection (being rock and metal) isn't really appropriate! I found this, and it's perfect and so beautiful, I just had to share it!

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise, and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes
Everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light
And the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hanging on when your heart
Has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future
A reflection of who I am
And what will be
And though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see
How happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

Most song's I read were focused on boy's or were clearly father daughter songs, but this one made me cry when I read it. It's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment