Sunday 4 September 2011

I LOVE Chris being off work.

Chris has a few days off this week, today, tomorrow and Tuesday. I FINALLY got that lie in today, only 8am, so nothing like a the lie ins of old but it really helped. I woke up less foggy, less achey and more "with it" than I have been in a while. That said, I'm not too brilliant now, but it's getting late (for me at least). Wish Chris could be off more often, we would even be finanically better off (as I would be entitled to ESA, which I'm not at the moment because he works too many hours a week), but our moral's won't let us go down that road. Sometimes I wish they would because everything would be SO much easier for me. But as far as we're concerned if he can work he should, and it will stay like that as long as I'm well enough for him to do so.

Anyway, today was a nice day. I got to have a bit of a lie in and got up and rested on the sofa when Niamh went down for her nap. We went to Chris's parents for lunch, and Niamh got to spend some time with her grandparents and aunt and cousin on that side, which sadly doesn't happen very often. My in-laws even borrowed a highchair from their neighbour so she could eat with us. She had a great time playing with her cousin Mia, and making everyone laugh. Here's a pic of her with her cousin:


And another of her after she managed to make the biggest mess with the smallest piece of chocolate cake:


See what I mean. Funny child. After all this playing, entertaining and eating (and there was a lot of eating on her part) she was completely shattered so we came home and both me and Niamh had a nap. Which as lovely, especially as Chris let me sleep longer even when Niamh woke up.

When I got up I fed her and sorted her bottles whilst Chris gave her her finger food part of the meal, and preceeded to throw mango all over my kitchen (Niamh threw the mango, not Chris... although nothing surprises me these days). We are still working on the baby led weaning thing, but unfortunatly for Niamh I am determined to work through the pouches I have left. So at the moment she's still on a mixed diet, puree and baby led two meals a day, baby led only at lunch. When she's run out of puree, it'll be baby led all the way (yay!).

We also had a bit of facetime with my sister and her boyfriend (as he has an iphone 4), which succeeded in draining any of Niamh's remaining energy. She was very difficult to settle tonight, but I think it was just because she'd had a busy and somewhat over-stimulating day (know that feeling), and had got very over tired (also know that feeling) and her teeth were still bothering her (not as familiar with that one these days!). When she finally went to sleep, I. managed. to. go. out! Don't faint with shock. It was only for about an hour, and only round the corner but I'm very glad I got to make it to my friend Vicki's birthday. Heres a picture of her, her other half and our mate Jon (I managed to escape both photos (yay me):



Because of my busy and eventful day there is going to be an attempt on my behalf at least to try and take it easy tomorrow, and that's going to start with an early one tonight. I am very glad that I managed to do everything I did today, and I have kept my wits about me and attempted not do over do it, from coming home early and taking my meds whilst I was still out. Just really hope it doesn't bite me in the butt tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Love you hunny, thanks for coming tonight, was a great evening xxx

    ReplyDelete