Monday 19 September 2011

Holiday day 7 - Friday 16th September

Niamh had to co-sleep with me from 2 as she had a funny tummy and would only settle if it was being rubbed, actually impossible in that travel cot! She slept well, I slept fitfully as, although I'm now much more confident about co-sleeping (mostly because of the new monitor) I'm still not used to it. To be honest it's lovely, but for my sake, and, more importantly, the sake of my health, she can get used to/become dependant on it. Sadly. I feared it would be harder and harder to get her back into her routine once home, if she continued to have to do it. The saving grace however, was that Chris is to be on holiday from work until wednesday which will allow us to re-establish her routine together. I thought this picture was particularly relavent to this, it's called "the joy of bed sharing" and tis SO true:


After previous mornings, and nice photos we took of the sunrise, mum, dad, Karl, me, Chris and Niamh all got up and went down to watch it. This gave Karl and Chris the oppotunitiy to take pretty pictures with their posh cameras. Angela had (orginally) decided that she didn't want to come with us, so when we left we took the keys and shut the gate, however this accidently locked her in the grounds of the villa (she could get out of the villa, go in the garden, pool etc just not come and join us). So when she decided she did want to come afterall, after we had left, it developed into a funny (for us) and annoying (for her situation). But she saw the funny side in the end, and we got some lovely pictures to show her:



When we got back to the villa we had a cup of tea and Niamh had her breakfast then we undertook a mass clean up (well everyone else did whilst I sorted Niamh out). We had to leave the villa clean and tidy or risk a £100 fine. Us being us this meant that we actually left it in better condition than we found it!

I was, once again, forced to rest by my dad, but was all worried about Niamh (needlessly might I add) as she had hurt herself earlier and was a bit grumpy. Suppose I just wanted to be around her as that was the first time she had felt anything like that! When I did come downstairs from my rest she was fast asleep on Angela,which is really unusal. She rarely even sleeps on me when theres things going on, let alone anyone else!



We all went to sgt Peppers for breakfast (seriously they are so good we had to!). Niamh slept for about an hour and woke up whilst we were there in a very good mood. Over breakfast we were having a conversation (when I say we, I actually mean my dad, Chris and Karl) about clay pigeon shooting. My dad messed his words up and called it "gay pigeon shooting" which did lead to some funny banter about homosexual poultry!

From her myself, Chris, Niamh, Angela and Karl went round old Alcudia to do something a bit different. We went in a beautiful old church, it was nice and so cool considering it was much warmer than a usual September in Majorca. Here are some photos from the church:

And Niamh chilling out in uncle Karl's sunglasses:



We can back to the villa and, after her lunch, myself and Niamh had a nap (although it wasn't very long) and then we all went for a swim and off to the beach. Niamh loved the sand and sitting on the very edge of the water letting the waves splash her. Dad wore her floatation aid on his head, funny man:



We all went out for dinner that night, we went to a place we go to every year. Sadly Chris wasn't feeling too well (which always seems to happen when I'm struggling too, isn't that the way) so we had to head back before everyone else.



 Niamh had fallen asleep about 8, and we thought she was down for the night, but no such luck when we got in she woke up, all refreshed from her nap and definatly wanted to play. She entertained everyone for a while, especially my sister who thought she was being so cute and funny (which she was, but at an inconvient time!). She finally settled at 11.30, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment