Wednesday 7 September 2011

Niamh the little drummer girl.

Niamh was not a happy bunny with me first thing this morning. I knew we both had to go to the dr's today and due to a extreme lack pre-bookable appointments it meant phoning at 8 this morning to get two appointments (hopefully next to one another). I can only go on a wednesday or monday unless it's dire as these are the only days my dr works (the one that treats me for my M.E). I'm actually kind of scared of seeing half the drs at that practice, most of them don't believe in M.E, and there are two that are actually helpful and supportive. Only two, out of eight or nine drs.

Anyway, I had to phone at 8, I put a very tired, falling asleep in her highchair, Niamh down for her nap at 7.50 and sadly, had to get her up again at 8.30. Poor pickle was not impressed. Lucky for me though my dad took us so we didn't have to walk, meaning she could sleep a tiny bit longer. I needed a load of repeat mediciation for my holiday and a letter to be allowed to take my epi-pen on the plane. Niamh had to be weighed so her meds for her reflux could be adjusted and she needed a letter as well to take her movement monitor on the plane as well as her mediciation and syringes so she can take it. The mediciation I needed for one week away, turned out to be a LOT, although, once again not as much as the last few years:



After this I was shattered as I usually have a rest when she has her monring nap, which of course didn't happen today. So, we had a nice quiet playtime together and Niamh had bagels and creme cheese for lunch, we she sort of pre-chewed them and spat them into her bib, but o well. She seemed to enjoy the chewing and spitting. After she had lunch she did go down for a nap, for two hours, which meant I go a little bit of sleep, yay!

When she woke up mum and dad came round to help me out for a bit as I was flagging. They both had a lot of fun playing with Niamh and mum stayed until Chris got home from work. While they were round niamh played with my saucpans and wooden spoons, she was a little drummer, until she decided that that wasn't working anymore, and prehaps, instead, they would make a good snack:




The sky man came to fix my internet as well, so, at the moment at least it is working much faster now. Yay! I gave Niamh steamed vegetables and rice for dinner, didn't. go. so. well. She liked it, kind of. She didn't really understand rice though, she picked it up and kept watching it drop off the edge. Made me giggle at least. She then had a bath and went to bed, she took a while to settle as her new thing is rolling onto her front, in a cot, and then getting stuck and whinging until you come and turn her over. O and she still randomly sits up in her sleep, which Chris continues to find very amusing!

Have been spending many minutes talking to my family on facetime since I got the iphone4, so, she'll probably kill me for putting these on her, heres some pics of my funny and rather over-tired sister, via facetime:


Now I'm sure she'll probably read this and demand that I remove them immediatly, so I have included one with an unflattering pic of me in the corner too.



No comments:

Post a Comment