Monday 19 September 2011

Holiday day 8 - Saturday 17th September

Saturday was home day, talk about stress. I had done most of the packing the day before, all of Chris's and my stuff was packed except what we needed in the morning. Niamh on the other hand, was another story. She NEEDS so much stuff, so all I could basically pack before Saturday morning was her clothes. Saturday morning I had to run around like a headless chicken packing her cot blocks, monitors, meds, dummies, bottles etc, etc. All this with everyone else running around madly also.

We still managed to take Niamh down to the sea front for a little walk as she loved it so much. Probably didn't do me any good, but was totally worth it to see this face:


Whilst we were all packing Niamh was playing in a bouncy chair from Ikea, which had come to be known as the boing chair, I took a few pictures, she is such a poser!



After the walk, and the made rush we eventually left the villa at 9.45 (we had to be out by 10) which meant we were running early as we didn't have to be at the airport until 12ish. We decided to take a detour to a shopping centre on the outskirts of Palma, near to the airport. Niamh had great fun riding around in the shopping trolley:



Eventually it was time to finally head to the airport, dad and Karl dropped us off so that we could take the baggage and wait for them whilst they took the hire cars back. We sat and had a coffee (or in my case beer because I was stressed out and anxious) and Niamh had her lunch, once again making a rather large mess. When dad and Karl got back it was time to check in and Niamh had a ride in a different trolly:


We checked in and headed to the gate to get something to eat until boarding, Niamh was so tired she just fell asleep on my dad:



The flight back was a bit different from the one on the way in, Niamh didn't sleep through most of it but was completely knackered so got very grumpy about half way through the flight. Chris had to walk up and down the plane with her until she settled. It was also quite bumpy which didn't really help with my anxiety.

When we landed in standsted it was cold, about 20C less than it had been in Majorca, and boy did it feel it. We got a bags, spoke to some of Angela and Karl's friends and then headed home. It was so nice to be home, the whole day had been so tiring and made me feel pretty crap I just wanted my bed. I managed to unpack the suitcases, mainly thank you to my mum who had helped us so much by doing all our washing throughout holiday. I had tried to help her as much as I could but her amazing ability to keep up with washing (and ironing sometimes) whilst on holiday was so benefical when we got back home.

We gave Niamh dinner, and she had a bottle, a bath and went to bed about 7.30, which, although later than usual seemed to work well for her! She self settled, without a problem and me and Chris had a takeaway pizza, and went to bed about 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment