Sunday 18 September 2011

Holiday day 5 - Wednesday 14th September

Niamh's movement monitor alarmed (vibrates after 15 seconds, alarms after 20) and scared the hell out of me.  Think it was that it wasn't clipped on to her nappy correctly, but I still worried about it for the whole day, even after I re-attached it so could see that that was more than likely the reason. I was the one sleeping nearer to Niamh on holiday (although it's normally Chris at home because he does all the night stuff). I'm using the travel cot (crap thing they've given us) as my bed guard. Now, despite the fact that my muscles tend to ache and refuse to obey me at night, I was up and she was in my arms before I even knew what was happening. Paid for it dearly the next day though.

When she woke up we had snuggles and playtime in bed, kisses for daddy:


And went to the beach again with dad to watch the sunrise:


Niamh loved being pushed through the sand in the buggy by my dad:



We went to the market in the morning (something we do every year, that I love) and I bought a bag (the one I use at home it literally coming apart at the seams) and a hat (I had sunstroke the day before). Me and Chris also went to the British food shop to pick up more of Niamh's puree pouches (nearly double the price in Majorca but she needed them as she was so off her milk) and some special baby water as she had gotten to the point where she was point blank refusing bottles made using mineral water.

I was very tired after lunch so was made to rest, actually forced. Think the onlureason I did was that Niamh went down for a nap at the same time.

I got a bit upset today, my sister is not the type to wear her heart on her sleeve but there was clearly something either upsetting or worrying her, other than the heat and this made her quite grumpy. Now, I know she reads this, and Ang I'm not putting this on here to be horrible, but because I want people to understand something. I'll also add that at the beginning of the holiday I had seriously pissed everyone off by being a massive stress head, and worrying about everything all the time, I too was a proper grump. Anyway, I listened to people when they told me I was being annoying and horrid, I apologised, explained the situation and began the process of attempting to calm down, something that I think by the end of the holiday I had almost achieved. Angela to, did this, I just want to highlight something to everyone.

The reason I've written this is to try and encourage her, and others (and myself I'm sure) to understand that sometimes comments (that may not even be meant in a nasty way) that we (M.E/CFS sufferers) can in any way link to our health, can be really hurtful. I know I/we can look perfectly normal. Lots of us get used to hiding pain and we definatly don't tell people everytime we are in pain. We simply take whatever pain reflief will do the most and carry on. We shouldn't have to look ill for those who like/love us to realise we are ill, we are trying and we do need help. We loose a lot of pride, dignity and independance to this disease and, as a result, some comments can be easily persieved by us as unbelieving, or unsupportive. I promise you, one of the worst aspects of this disease is having people question it's believability. It is just so important that people think about what they say, not only in the context they mean it but also in the way it can be taken by us.

On a lighter note, after dinner myself, mum, dad, Chris and Niamh went round the local marina. I love doing this, have done for years, I like to look at the boats and choose which one I would have if I had the money. This was a pretty old one we found, although if I had loads of money I would want a shiny new one:



It always makes me smile. It was even better that Niamh stayed awake as it was something that I really wanted to show her whilst we were in Majorca. She feel asleep on the drive home as we were almost at the villa so dad had to drive round the block again.

When we got back, dad went for a late night swim (well it was more of a late night float) which had me giggling for AGES!


Sorry for the slightly heavier than usual entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment