Thursday 22 September 2011

Falling shelves and sleep craweling child!

Right, this is yesterday's entry, all in all because it was very eventful.

It was Chris's first day back at work, which I had been very nervous about. Turns out I really didn't need to be, he was working for a grand total of 45 minutes before a produce shelf fell on him and he had to leave work and go to the doctors as it threw his back out. He's been told he may need quite a bit of time off but he's determined to go back by latest of Monday, and is currently taking it day by day hoping to be back sooner. Bless him, he's so good about it, he's more worried about impressing work, and our financial situation than he is about himself. I'm having to constantly remind him that if he goes back too soon and damages it further we are more seriously screwed, not only financially, but me and Niamh are so dependant upon him it would cause us more problems in the long run.

Anyway, after Chris got back from the doctors, I had to wear Niamh in the sling for a bit, I really shouldn't get stressed as I tire so much quicker so to save my energy (and arms) it seemed like a good idea. She did look a bit mis-mashed in all the colours:



To be honest I was pretty shattered for the rest of the day. Not only was I having to do more, due to Chris not being able to, but him being around also seems to create more to do. Niamh is also having more problems with teeth and is very clingy to me. Thank goodness for the sling!! She'll only eat well for me really.

Mum and dad came round for lunch, and to help me out for a bit. I really am lucky to have such a supportive family. Angela came round for a while, although she couldn't stay for lunch. So that we could all eat with Niamh we had a picnic sitting on a shower curtain in the front room (well except for Chris, as there was no way he was getting down there!).




Niamh had ham sarnies, and a few vegetables, most of which ended up in her lap, but she did really enjoy eating with everyone else.

After lunch me and Niamh went for a snugly nap together in my bed. I love this, but my arm goes numb so I don't really sleep well but she does. She wouldn't settle very well. Turns out that wasn't just an afternoon nap issue.

After tea, bath time and bed time we had some real issues. Probably nothing like other babies, I realise I am very lucky with her. Turns out the reason she wouldn't settle is that she was basically moving around everywhere, and trying to crawl in her sleep. This seemed to really freak her out, so after she had spent quite a while crying (and I was sufficiently worried and stressed) I went and snuggled her to sleep and she would nod off and her legs would start crawling against my chest. I worry now though, if this is the only way she will settle then fine, for the moment. I need sleep, Chris needs sleep and, probably most importantly, Niamh needs sleep. I'm very worried about habit forming, because she can't be dependant upon me to sleep in case I'm too ill. O well, suppose I will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment