Thursday 1 September 2011

Who reads this?

As the title of this entry suggests, I am curious about who actually reads me rambling on about pointless stuff on a daily basis. I have had a few friends and family members tell me they read it regularly but I kind of want to know who else does! So... if you read this could you please do me a tiny favour and comment either on here (now i've fixed the button) or on facebook. Would give me a bit of an idea of who reads what, and if you have any suggestions of what I should write about, or questions you would like me to answer in a post, add that too (to be honest that would be brill as I'm running out of things to write about lol)

Anyway, today has been pretty uneventful. The last few days have been difficult for me health wise, and, as he was on a late, Chris let me have a lay in. Which was amazing. He also did all of the stuff I usually try and do in the morning, so went Niamh went down for her morning nap, I could just rest. Thanks to all of this me and Niamh managed to go and get a small amount of food shopping which is brilliant as we didn't exactly have any.

Because I got the iphone 4 the other day, I now have the ability to accept calls with face time. This actually worked (as myself and Chris discovered last night when dad accidently called me requesting facetime all by sitting on his phone). Needless to say both of my parent's were intrigued to find out Niamh's reaction, and dad was the first one in there. He called us this morning and Niamh's reaction was brilliant, she just stared, at the phone, with her mouth open. You could clearly see the thought "how did grandad get in there?" going through her mind.  Made us giggle for a while. It was less of a shock when mum facetimed us later on, but she was excited about getting bath so I think this kind of distracted her.

Been working through the baby led weaning recipe book I've got, writing down the easy recipes, that require the least amount of energy. Shall be trying them when I can. Also plan on doing a weekly meal plan for her, so I can buy just want we need, thus saving money.

Mum and dad came over, to keep Niamh entertained for a while. They suceeded. A while ago I helped my best friend put on a big birthday party/charity fundraiser for my God-daughters birthday. For this, Chris was the DJ, which resulted in us downloading (from itunes, because I'm a good girl) an obsence amount  dodgy, cheesey, 90's party music. I have included this in Niamh's musical play list on my phone, which was playing when they came round. Here is my mum dancing to the music man:



And Niamh's reaction to her:


And finally, Niamh all snuggly in a towel following the bath mum so rudely delayed (lol):



Anyway, I'm going to leave it there as Chris is on an early tomorrow, meaning I have to be up earlier than usual. Looking forward to seeing who actually reads this, and hopefully having some slightly more interesting topics to write about tomorrow!





5 comments:

  1. Lovely reading about your life how you cope with the M.E and be a mum too.
    Think I am now one of your followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jexxy. I read this when I can as I have ME too. Sometimes reading is still quite hard. Great to see how well you're coping with motherhood, despite the ME. Also, its nice to hear about someone whos had a baby whilst they have ME. Don't know of anyone else. Hope to start a family soon too, when we can. Niamh is adorable!! One idea a friend used was to puree lots of different fruit and veg and freeze them in ice cubes (one fruit/veg at a time). Then you can mix and match as you like (like for stews etc). Sounds like less effort too. Not sure how that fits in with baby-led weaning. PS ALL mothers worry theyre not doing a good enough job, no matter how well they are or how much time/money/... they have. Probably a sign of a good mother as you love and care for your child so much. My mother made lots of my things as we didn't have much money and I really treasure them. Sure Niamh will too. :) Hats off to you for writing the blog with so much going on. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it... Highlight of my day lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read your blog, well done to you, you have inspired me to start my own blog - have a look it's called Beefburgers and ME (I am not anywhere near in your league as yet though) - just one thing, please make your font a little bigger so it's easier for me to read!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just found your blog and i really like it! especially since i have me too and am thinking about having a baby and how it wil/could/may affect my health. thanks for all the experiences you're sharing. even though it's hard for you (having a baby) i guess - it's worth it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete