Sunday 18 September 2011

Holiday day 3 - Monday 12th September.

I got up with Niamh and ended up clearing up after everyone. Despite my condition(s) I'm quite the neat freak, and often, unless I physcially CAN'T find a way of clearing up, I'll do it. This is worse when living with 5 other adults and a baby. We went to sgt peppers for lunch, this is an English run bar and cafe up the road in Alcudia to which we go every year. They do the most AMAZING fried breakfasts. Once again couldn't resist putting Niamh in everyone's hats, first uncles Karls then auntie Angelas:




We then went back to Pollenca to go shopping, my favourite place in Majorca and my favourite hobby! We didn't do this for long though as we had to go to the supermarket to get food for the BBQ we were going to have at the villa that night! Niamh fell asleep in the buggy and stayed asleep on me, then in the car and woke up not long after we got back to the villa.



When she woke up she had a bottle, (no luck) a puree (more luck) and finger food (loads of luck). Then we went to the beach. I don't have any pictures of Niamh on the beach as Chris took them but I will add them at later date. She loved it. She played with the sand. Sat in the really shallow water and watched the waves splash her. Then she went for a dip a bit further in with mummy and finally spent sometime bobbing on her floaty thing! It made everyone really happy and giggly.

She was, in fact, so excited from it all that she didn't have an afternoon nap which meant that she went to bed at 6, normal for back home but not for there, so she kind of took it as a nap and woke up a couple of hours later wanting to play. She spent some time chilling with the lads:


I felt like crap and went to sleep in one of the spare rooms, dad came to wake me up, which resulted in a LOT of moaning on my part that I couldn't be dream fed like Niamh!

After food and a bit of play time we tried to settle Niamh. It took quite a while to get her to settle, and I had to do it as Chris stunk of BBQ and whenever he tried she just cried, she just doesn't like strong smells, more so if they're unfamiliar. Then when we got into bed about an hour later, she woke up again. I put her in bed with me and gave her a hug, and within seconds she was asleep again, but we dream fed her anyways as Chris had already gone to heat up her bottle. I feared she wouldn't have a good night and Chris had since covered himself in insect replellant, another strong, unfamiliar smell. Therefore it was very unlikely that she would settle for him at all all night.

So I made the, somewhat difficult decision that, if she was to wake a lot she would have to co-sleep with me. I feel more confident about doing this since we got the movement monitor that clips onto her nappy. There are positives and negatives to this arrangement. I NEED sleep, unlike other people that don't have this illness if I don't get sleep I'm not just tired I actually CAN'T function, if co-sleeping helps her sleep then definatly a positive. I also really enjoy our snuggles and so does she, two more positives. I worry she will become reliant on it to get to sleep, negative. Anyways, despite all of this it seemed right, if necessary whilst we were away and debating the whole situation seemed somewhat stupid, if I need sleep to function, to look after her and the only way to ensure that is to allow her to sleep with me on the odd occasion then of course I would do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment