Saturday 3 September 2011

Floopiness and fetes.

Well, started today a bit odd. Wasn't really able to do much. Chris was going to let me have a lie in but Niamh was realy upset and he didn't know what to do. By the time I got her settled it was her breakfast time and she takes it better from me, so I fed her. Put her down for her nap, then burst into tears, I was just sooo exhausted and in so much pain. Chris gave me a hug, made me breakfast and brought me pain killers. I tried to sleep but I couldn't, it was too bright and I just couldn't get anything close to comfortable on the sofa. After a while I started to feel a bit better, that was, until I sat up. When I did I got very dizzy and couldn't quite deal with it. I thought I was going to pass out everytime I moved or was vaguely upright. Chris had to go to work and everything got a sureal. In the end I took travel sickness tablets, because sometimes they help. Lucky for me, this time they did.  Niamh had a nice long nap and I managed to get some more rest, although no sleep.

When she woke up I got us both dressed, slowly and got ready to go to Nessa's fete, to be honest it took a while. With Niamh, me and dad having lunch in between. Here are some pics I took once we were ready and I was having another rest:


Eventually we did make it to Nessa's fete, although I didn't really enjoy the 35 minute car journey. Don't get me wrong, the Essex countryside can be very pretty but when you were already dizzy, the motion of the car and random annoyingly placed hills can play havoc with your balance. We made it there for about 2.30 but could only stay about 45 minutes as dad had to pick my mum up, which was a good thing. I wanted to stay and acutally be helpful but I was really starting to flag by this point and so was Niamh. Here's some pics of Niamh enjoying herself at the fete with my friend Shelley!




Chris is on a late at work today, so this meant I had to do all of Niamh's meals alone. To be honest this is pretty normal but it felt hard today because the support wasn't really there if I needed it. I usually do all of her meals, as she takes it better from me anyways, but usually Chris is around for at least one to step in and help if I'm too tired, achey or just generally out of it. Considering I'm a stubborn cow, it's not very often. Also had to bath and put her to bed, which is something she does better for Chris because its their daddy-daughter time together. But she was lovely, she just played and when she wanted to come out she put her arms up. She was beautifully behaved as I dried and dressed and then she settled with barely any fuss at all.

We're off to Chris's mums tomorrow for lunch, I just hope I'm up to it. I'm also supposed to be popping out for a friends birthday in the evening, if i'm up to it.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo's. So sorry today wasn't a good day for you. x

    ReplyDelete